Thursday, February 7, 2008

Gone


This time last year, I had never cared about Invisible Children. To some extent, I thought it was lame. But for some reason God decided to change that. The past year I don't know if a day had gone by that I haven't thought of or talked about the kids that moved me to help. My life looks so different now than it otherwise would have. Coming here to San Diego was something I wanted so bad, going on tour was a desire that God placed deep inside of me. But as I sit at my desk at 8:20am getting ready to leave this morning, things seem different. I can't say that this is what I expected. If you watch podcast of IC's they make my job look so sexy but it can be hard also. Its weird pouring your self out to people constantly but not being disciplined to know when to pour into yourself. 
Needless to say, I'm ready for tour. I get to see a generation of young people become idealist and those ideals become reality. I can see kids lives be changed right before my eyes. Coming into an auditorium their main focus is the girl they like and the iphone their parents won't get them but they come out caring about the world around them. Even if a lot of these kids never do anything about northern Uganda, I pray they get moved to do something to live outside of themselves whether that is down the street, another part of the US, Congo, Burma. 
Anywhere.
So today I get in a van and have the terrible obligation to drive up the 101 which lines to coast of California headed all the way to Seattle eventually with tons of stops a long the way. I hope to write often a keep you updated. 
(The picture is team team I'll be traveling with. Clockwise- Me, Julie, Josh G. and Erin)

4 comments:

Caleb said...

Godspeed on another tour. I pray it goes well for you and your team.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So excited to see you tonight!!

Of course you will be in my prayers, and I also can't wait to hear/read more about how you are able to see the change in each kid as they watch the video and hear your heart.


Also, what a lovely photograph you have up there :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Site Meter